<< Back to all Blogs
Login or Create your own free blog
Home > life on hold

life on hold

May 29th, 2019 at 08:28 pm

so I had an interview on the 20th they offered position on the spot they acted like it was an ASAP thing ...............….but they have to do paperwork etc so it is now the 29th with no start date given yet.

I am assuming it will be next Monday but I am now getting some other offers for interviews and I am debating on whether I should respond and act like the other deal is not done. I did accept and I will feel wrong for not honoring that verbal commitment but am frustrated that it is dragging on.

I hope that I get the call by Friday or I will simply have to move on. I sometimes wonder if my loyalty to my word and not wanting to burn bridges is actually holding me back.

5 Responses to “life on hold”

  1. LuckyRobin Says:

    I have come to the conclusion that what businesses consider ASAP in the hiring process is entirely different from any other ASAP there is. I would go interview. Nothing is a done deal until the paperwork is signed. And anyway, they are just interviews, not offers. And you might get a better offer, you never know. If nothing else it will give you more experience with being interviewed. And if you do get a start date, you can always cancel the interviews.

  2. Amber Says:

    I would continue to interview, it I’d okay to rescind your acceptance due to the delays

  3. rob62521 Says:

    I would continue to interview in case it doesn't work out. As LuckyRobin posted, ASAP in the hiring world is far different than in the real world. You must be very talented to have so many want to interview you.

  4. GoodLiving Says:

    If it were me, I would interview at other places, you might find a better position or even just a better fit with a company. You can always go back and let them know that due to the delay you continued to interview and now you have been offered this position. You would like to continue with them but if they increase the wage or vacation or whatever, you stay with them. Yay, you're a hot commodity! I don't know about your industry, but where I work our leadership really don't stay more than a couple of years. HIGH turnover

  5. fireandi Says:

    I would recommend that you keep interviewing. If you are offered another position, then you can get back to these people and let them know you have another offer. You could use that both to negotiate a faster start date or a higher salary. However, if you prefer the new offer, you could just withdraw your acceptance at this place and let them know that due to the delay you have accepted another offer.

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
Will not be published.

* Please spell out the number 4.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]